Saturday, November 9, 2013

Optifast - day 6

(Disclaimer I am 6 days through the Optifast diet and I would kill someone for just a slice of bread, this post maybe a little umm...different)

Today is day 6 of my pre-op Optifast diet.  For those that are not familiar with Optifast the basics are 3 meal replacement shakes per day with 2 cups of vegetables.  No starchy, yummy vegetables - no only bland boring and sad vegetables.  No potato, pumpkin, corn or peas.  Oh and did I also mention you are limited to only 1 carrot per day. No dairy, meat or carbs.

I am literally bored with food! I have run out of ideas to make my allowable vegetables interesting. I have made soup, ratatouille, salads, balsamic baked vegetables, mash and purees. I just want some more flavour and textures!  Did I mention just some bread would be amazing?

On the positive side, (don't worry there are positives) I am 6kgs down in 6 days.  My skin is clearer, I have more energy, and I feel better physically! It's motivating and it makes me anxious to start my journey post op!

I promise that it gets better for all those reading who have just started or are going through the Optifast stage.  The first couple of days are hard, but by day 3 or 4 the sugar withdrawls stop, the headaches go, the fatigue and shakiness stop.  I stopped feeling hungry all the time by day 3, and at this point I get quite full after my second cup of veg per day.

Hang in there everyone, and keep motivated! No cheating!!  (Must remind myself these things too)

No comments:

Post a Comment